Summer 19 is Hotting Up Already, thanks to Jet2.com and Jet2holidays!
29 Mar 2018
- 7% increase in capacity means another summer sizzler from Belfast International
- Over 450,000 seats going on sale to meet demand
- More flights and holidays to popular destinations such as Alicante, Canary Islands, the Algarve, Turkey and Cyprus
- 24 destinations to go on sale from Belfast International Airport for Summer 19 with more announcements to come.
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has today announced a ‘hol lot more sun’ for Summer 19 from Belfast International Airport. With flights and holidays going on sale today, this marks the company’s biggest ever summer programme from the base.
On the back of a bumper Summer 18 programme, there is even more growth in response to demand for Summer 19. The addition of 30,000 seats means over 450,000 seats are going on sale, a 7% capacity increase, which will be supported by four aircraft at the base.
The leading leisure airline and package holiday specialist will fly to 24 summer sizzlers in Summer 19, and holidaymakers can look forward to more flights and holidays to some of their favourite destinations such as the Canary Islands, the Algarve, Dalaman and Naples. The additional flights and holidays are as follows:
• Tenerife – services on larger Boeing 737-800 aircraft mean a massive 19% capacity increase.
• Gran Canaria – all services on larger Boeing 737-800 aircraft meaning more seats for Summer 19.
• Faro – increased capacity in early and late Summer season.
• Dalaman – extended season with weekly services from early May to early November.
• Paphos –extended season to meet demand with services from early April to mid-November.
• Naples – extended season with weekly services from April.
Today’s announcement comes in response to continued demand for great value package holidays from holidaymakers in Northern Ireland. With more services and frequencies, they are spoilt for choice when it comes to where and when they would like to getaway, with more flexible durations available.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays said: “We are putting our biggest ever summer programme on sale from Belfast International, with over 450,000 seats going on sale for Summer 19. This represents another huge investment in our base here, and gives local holidaymakers even more choice and flexibility with our award winning airline and tour operator. Yet another summer of growth here in Belfast is only possible thanks to our loyal customers, and it shows that our hard work in offering them great value package holidays and family friendly flights is working.”
Graham Keddie, Belfast International Airport Managing Director said “Jet2.com and Jet2holidays have embarked upon a major step-change development of their programme from Belfast International Airport commencing Summer 2018, growing capacity by deploying new, larger aircraft across their network.
“We are delighted to see them continue in this vein into Summer 2019, acknowledging their confidence in the Northern Ireland market whilst strengthening and extending their programme across a broad range of European destinations and resorts.”
Last month, the award-winning airline Jet2.com celebrated 15 years of flying, and package holiday specialist Jet2holidays recently celebrated both its 10th anniversary and becoming the UK’s second largest tour operator. The company continues to win a number of awards for its VIP customer service, and recently expanded its Free Resort Flight Check-In service to Gran Canaria and Fuerteventura, meaning customers in nine destinations and 250 hotels can now securely drop their bags off on the last day of their holiday, making their flight home quicker, easier and more convenient.
For further information and to book, please visit www.jet2.com or www.jet2holidays.com.